Statistics About Engagement, Wedding and Honeymoon Events
Pollyana Ventura/Getty Images
Weddings, honeymoons, and intimate tourism are big business—and the data prove it. Just How that are big
Think about the after research data, facts and figures collected from a number of industry sources: Engagement Statistics
- 99 per cent of grooms do the proposing.
- 16 per cent of proposals take place in December.
- The common engagement that is american 15 months.
- The diamond that is average ring is $6,163.
- Men’s engagement bands gained global news attention after Ed Sheeran began using one in 2018. Searches were up 66% 12 months on year.
- 3 away from 4 partners reside together prior to getting hitched.
- 13% of engagements usually do not result in a marriage.
Through the engagement duration, partners purchase:
- $4 billion in furniture
- $3 billion in housewares
- $400 million in tableware
- Every 12 months on peruvian women dating site average 2.4 million weddings are done within the U.S.
- Today’s median age for
- 23 million
- One-third of these engaged and getting married are hitched previously.
- An overall total of $72 billion is used on weddings yearly into the U.S.
- Weddings represent a $50 billion yearly industry.
- Whom will pay for the marriage? In 19per cent of instances, it is the
- The amount that is average on wedding bands when it comes to few is $1,575.
- The typical quantity invested on a bridal dress is $1,564.
- David’s Bridal reports for 20% of most bridal-gown product sales.
- Queen Victoria, whom married Prince Albert in 1840, popularized the wedding gown that is white. She wore a silk that is white lace dress by having an 18-foot train at their wedding.
- Tuxedoes are usually bought 5-6 months following the bridal dress.
- Bridesmaids’ gowns are generally purchased 3-4 months in advance associated with event.
Destination Wedding Statistics
- 25 % of marriages are location weddings.
- 340,000 destination weddings occur every year.
- 80% of partners that have a location wedding have already been married prior to.
- The location wedding market makes up $16 billion in annual investing.
- The typical cover a location wedding is $28,000.
- 60% of location couples purchase the marriage by themselves.
- The normal chronilogical age of a location
- The number that is average of at a destination wedding: 48.
- Visitors at a location wedding invest on average $673 to wait.
- 9 away from 10 partners state the current weather is just a factor that is key choosing the location.
- 60% of location weddings occur in a location that is domestic 40% worldwide.
- Las Vegas, Nevada (80,000)
- Hawaii (20,000)
- U.S. Virgin Isles (5,100)
- Jamaica (5,000)
- Bahamas (4,000)
- Mexico, Ca, and Flor
- Destination couples invest $8,200 an average of on the vacation. That’s a lot more than one-third more than old-fashioned wedding partners.
- 73.2 % of Us citizens have not attended a location wedding.
- 35.5 % of Us Us Americans see the occasions as an opportunity to just simply take a holiday to see brand new places.
- The reason that is main 53.6 per cent of men and women will never attend a location wedding is cost.
The destinations that are leading out-of-town weddings are: (Figures inside parentheses suggest quantity of weddings performed yearly. )
Data on When Weddings Take Spot. The essential popular months for weddings to happen are, in this purchase:
- November/April (tie)
Typical Honeymoon Length along with other Data
- Estimated quantity of honeymooners: 1.4 million U.S. Partners each year.
- Among partners whom go with a conventional wedding, 99 % will need a vacation.
- An average of, the vacation is booked 4 months before the wedding.
- The size of a typical vacation is eight times.
- Honeymoons comprise a $12 industry that is billion-dollar-a-year.
- Partners invest on average $4,466 on the vacation. That is 3 times just as much as the typical U.S. Adult spends on a holiday. Deluxe honeymooners, which take into account 15% for the market, invest on average $9,954 and getaway for 11 times.
- The average honeymoon will price 14 % associated with wedding budget.
- 62% of partners pay money for a majority of their vacation by themselves. Additionally see: “Who will pay for the Honeymoon? “
- 10 % of newlyweds carry on a cruise to commemorate their vacation.
- 75% of couples honeymooned in america and Canada within the last few 5 years. *
- Most popular United States vacation locations: Hawaii, Flor
- Only one in 4 partners carry on their fantasy vacation.
- 80% of honeymooners within the last 5 years utilized media that are social research their locations. *
- 48% of honeymooners see Twitter while away.
- 57 % of same-sex partners take a vacation after their ceremony (almost all whom do—65 percent—are lesbians)
- Hawaii may be the destination that is favored both homosexual and right vacation partners.
Data on Honeymoon Consumer Purchases. Related Wedding Data
In a Bridal Guide survey, marriage partners indicated those items these were almost certainly to get for vacation travel:
- Wardrobe = 70.1percent
- Swimsuit = 69.9%
- Sunglasses = 69.9per cent
- Sunscreen = 57.8%
- Luggage = 49.7%
- 3% of brides want to sign a prenuptial contract.
- 80% of brides want to alter their title after wedding.
Romantic Getaways Stats
- The Travel business of America describes a intimate getaway as “a visit with a partner or other love interest without young ones to rekindle the intimate emotions within the relationship. “
- Married people are people: Married households represent the group that is largest of people, with 61 per cent of most trips being taken by married households. Solitary households took 21 per cent regarding the trips.
- Romantic getaways are well-liked by all People in america, particularly married people. Thirty-one per cent of U.S. Grownups (61.8 million People in the us) sa
- The common traveler took 2.5 intimate trips into the year that is past.
- Intimate people have actually the average household that is annual of $67,000, when compared with other U.S. Grownups, with the average earnings of $45,000.
- Intimate tourists without kids within their households took more getaways in past times year than intimate tourists with kids (3.1 vs. 1.9 trips, correspondingly).
- The type of surveyed, they certainly were the most well known forms of intimate getaways taken by People in america:
- Visiting a populous town for dining & activity – 74%
- Getaways to beaches and/or lakes – 44%
- Gambling getaways – 21%
- Golf/tennis getaways – 12%
- Cruises – 12%
- Skiing trips – 7%
- Of partners surveyed whom took a intimate getaway in the past 12 months, one-half took one particular trip (51%), one-fourth took two romantic trips into the previous 12 months (26%), and another in ten (10%) enjoyed 5 or maybe more getaways a deux per year.
Allianz worldwide Assistance United States Of America 2019American Express investing & preserving TrackerAssociation of Bridal ConsultantsBridal GuideCNN MoneyConde Nast Bridal Group “2009 wedding that is americanDestination Weddings & Honeymoons magazineDestinations Wedding Report through the Wedding Report 2013Fairchild Bridal InfobankThe Knot’s Honeymoon Survey The Knot’s Real Weddings SurveyLyst’s Wedding Report Mediapost. ComNational Bridal ServiceNational Center for Health Statistics”You’re Getting hitched, ” The brand New Yorker, 4/21/03The Wedding ReportTravel business Association of AmericaTravel WeeklyU.S. Census BureauWestin’s learn of Honeymoon styles, 2016
These records on wedding and vacation statistics had been final updated on 5/19.